Sunday, March 2, 2008

To Great Grandmothers house we go (Part 2 - the pizza story)

This is probably one of those stories that you had to be there in order for it to be funny, but my mom got a kick out of it and I am going to write it so my sister and I can remember it for a good laugh...

Once we got the girls to bed and we picked up the room, Laura and I got in this little bed with all 80 of her darn pillows to try to go to sleep. We were trying to be very quiet but we got in a silly mood since we were basically cuddling given the fact we had no room at all. Then Leah woke up and I put her in bed with us briefly to try to get her back to sleep. She was very happy now and just wanted to laugh and talk and coo so I put her in her favorite position to see if that would help. Laura and I are arm to arm and Leah is laying on me and Laura goes "I'm hungry!" Since neither of us really ate at grandmothers, it was 11:00 and we were starving. She searched the little kitchenette for some food someone may have left but had no luck. So I suggested we order a pizza. The good ole' iPhone came in handy again as our yellowpages. I didnt really think she would find a pizza place open, and we werent even familiar with where we were, but she did and called. By this point we were really laughing (no clue why other than exhaustion and hunger) but Laura asked "Are you still able to deliver?" We were surprised when he said yes at which point Laura tried to relate where we were. She had absoluely no clue where we were so she chunked the phone at unsuspecting me. I then proceed to say, "Yes, I dont really know where we are or you are, but can you deliver to Covenant Woods Assisted Living?" Probably not what he expected. Luckily he knew where we were and we actually had the right Dominos! So then he asked what we wanted, which we hadnt even thought about since we didnt think they would actually be open in the first place. I finally made it through the order though I was laughing pretty hard - I even had to tell the guy, with no sense of humor, that yes we really did want it delivered to the assisted living and no we had not been drinking... I had to meet the delivery guy in the lobby (wheeling one of my shopping carts back) at 11:45. He found it interesting to see a 20 something year old picking up the pizza. So Laura and I ate pizza out of plastic bowls and drank coke out of coffee cups at 11:45 in the old folks home on the kitchen floor by the light of the refrigerator propped open by a water bottle. Hey, you do what you gotta do. We found it funny anyway.

To add to this, the next night after the girls went down, Laura went out with a guy friend of hers from Columbus. After dinner and visiting some other friends I guess they felt bad that I was bored to tears and came back. It was so late though that they had to ring the doorbell to the building and have some security guy let them back in. I guess you cant bring dates back at 12am when you live in an assisted living. Curfew... So we then played pool a couple rooms down (in "Clara's Corner") using our cell phones on speaker as the baby monitor. What a fun thing to do on a friday night isnt it???

Trips with my sister are always interesting, and now with twins they are even more so. We did get some quality time with my grandparents and it was good that they got to see the babies since they grow up so fast. Saturday morning it took me 3 hours to get my shower and stuff packed, find the shopping carts, move my car, get both carts upstairs, get everything loaded, and go back downstairs to load into the car... Grandmother wanted to know what took us so long... Again, haha.

Though they were so good on the trip to Columbus, Hannah screamed from Phenix City to Montgomery and then from Clanton to Alabaster on the way back. Leah thought it was hilarious. That was enjoyable.

Needless to say, I am glad I went but there is no way I could do it alone. Thanks to my sis for all her help!!!

No comments: