Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Feeling Thankful

Today was a great day for me. I was supposed to go to work but a case cancelled and that meant I got to be off - since I am on call tonight. Now that Laura is the girls nanny, I actually was able to get a couple things done! I haven't been able to clean house and do laundry without having to worry about the next feeding coming up or who was crying since they have been born and it was really nice. I even took my comforter to the dry cleaners! I know these are small things, but how great is it that we have someone living with us who loves the girls so much and is available to help monday through friday? Of course with me being home today, she didnt have to do anything until 10 am (I had to get ready to go to work, even though I ended up staying home) and I had snuggle time/nap time with both girls at 4 so she basically was done then. Its just a great feeling knowing she is so capable with them so I don't have to worry. What am I going to do when she goes back to school and I have to take my babies to daycare? I guess I will cross that bridge when I get there. So thank you, Laura, for being so great!

I also feel so blessed that I have a husband who is such a huge help. He is working on a contracting job so he is occupied a lot at night for a little while longer, but he always feels so guilty about it - though he shouldnt. We have our bedtime routine and it works perfectly. I give baths and get the girls ready while he has his nightly "duties" : make enough formula for about 10 bottles and get them ready, unload/load dishwasher, make sure there is nothing in the wash, refill the girls humidifier and restock diapers and wipes, lay out the girls pajamas, get their bibs and burp cloths, feed the dogs, and then we both settle in for the last feeding and they go to bed. Kinda seems like he got the short stick huh? Anyway, it works. He is not one of those husbands who wont change a diaper or help out with a middle of the night feeding. He is a little nervous to take care of both girls without any help but luckily he hasnt had to do that much. So thank you, Matt! I love you!

I am starting to remember why I like my job again, but I still would be much happier at home. I guess that is normal. But at least I have this awesome support system! We are very lucky. Going to bed now. I have to do a 9am aortic valve and hopefully it will go a little smoother than the last two cases I have done! Maybe the girls will sleep through this storm until I have to get up at 6. Goodnight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.