Monday, September 22, 2008

The latest developments/achievements

Hannah cut her third tooth the other day, the top front, and today she cut her fourth. The one right next to it. So now she has 4 teeth and Leah still has none. But Leah's two bottom teeth are so close. I think they will be popping through any day now.

Both girls are standing quite a lot on their own now. Hannah is now taking 6 steps by herself before she topples over head first. She is very proud of herself. She just has to get a little more confident.

Apparently Leah has taken two steps as she was trying to get to Grammy but I have not seen her yet. She would do anything for Grammy though. She likes her better than me :)

Leah will clap the minute she hears the song "If you're happy and you know it". Hannah will stomp her feet but has no interest in the clapping part.

I am working on the girls waving their arms for the "Waaaaaarrrrr Eagle" cheer. Leah will do it sometimes. Hannah just looks at me like I am crazy. Ill keep trying :)

They are such a joy right now. This is an awesome age. They are so interactive and playful and soak everything in like little sponges. I want to spend every minute with them because they are a constant entertainment. Today when I got home from the store, Laura had them in the playroom and when they saw me out the window they both had their faces pressed up against the glass with a huge distorted smile. Leah started waving at me. It was priceless.

I must go to bed now! Early work day tomorrow.

3 comments:

FoxMcLeod said...

Wow, I checked out the other McCay blog and I totally see Hannah and Leah in Walker and Eli! Especially Leah and Eli.
Thank you for the window offer! Can we get together next week some time? I'd love to come hang with you and the girls!
Yay for teeth coming in. Sophie has none. I can see them under her gums, lined up so perfectly, but alas, they just WON'T come out! LOL

Rachel said...

I LOVE Publix too!! (Sorry I am just now catching up on all those posts) What if we were both in the new Publix at the same time and didn't know it!! That would be too funny... I swear one of these days we are gonig to run into each other!

Rachel said...

oh and by the way, I work at Children's Hospital downtown... where do you work?