Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Visiting Nina in the hospital


My beach trip was cut a little short because my 92 year old grandmother ended up in the hospital with a blood pressure of 230/90.  She has alzheimer's and was getting very confused and upset as to why she was in the hospital and where my granddad was (he passed away 3 1/2 years ago).  

It is amazing how children can brighten up the elderly.  When I walked into the room my grandmother was staring off into space, virtually unaware of her surroundings.  Once the girls and Noah were there she lit up.  It was a very sweet moment.

Untitled
Untitled

The time when Hannah and Nina were coloring was very special.  I havent seen my grandmother so animated in a long time.  I think we will be taking crayons and a coloring book whenever we visit her from now on.
She is out of the hospital now but is needing full time sitters.  All because of an unchecked UTI.  Getting old is awful.  period.

No comments: