Friday, January 9, 2009

How to take a picture of a toddler

I saw this and cracked up so I thought I would share


How to Take A Picture of a Toddler

1. Decide where you want the picture to be, take out your camera and meter the
light.
2. Place toddler in selected spot.
3. Retrieve toddler from top of bookshelf and return to selected spot.
4. Get lollipop from cupboard.
5. Put toddler back in selected spot and give her lollipop.
6. Wipe lollipop smear from toddler’s face, top of bookshelf, and fur of cat.
7. Get out bubbles.
8. Return toddler to selected spot and blow bubbles to keep him interested.
9. Stop to mop up spilled bubble liquid.
10. Light has moved. Pick new spot and meter.
11. Put a basket in new spot.
12. Put toddler in basket.
13. Retrieve toddler from behind chair where he is playing with the outlet.
14. Remind self that you do NOT want a call from preschool in which the teacher
inquires where your child learned to say those words.
15. Put brand new toy in basket along with toddler.
16. Throw broken toy away, retrieve toddler from kitchen where he is eating cat
food.
17. Consider putting bowl of cat food where the light is good. Reject this idea.
18. Sew velco to butt of toddler pants and onto pillow. Place child on pillow where
light is good.
19. Remove pillow from child’s behind and re-stuff with something heavier. Reattach
child.
20. By now the light is gone.
21. Put camera away, pour self drink.


I was seriously crying from laughing so hard. Maybe its just me.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Too funny!! And so very, very true!!

FoxMcLeod said...

Hahahahahahaha. Oh, dangit, Allyson, I just woke Sophie up from laughing so hard. You are hysterical! I'm so glad that Tommy does all the professional-looking photographs. I can't imagine having to wrangle TWO wiggle worms.
And about the outlet, I know, I KNOW! We've started using a ruler on her hand with the dangerous stuff. It has worked wonders. Never raising our voices, but she gets the point.