Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Outfit change X .... I've lost count...

It started off like any other day. I changed the girls into their outfits for the day and out of their pajamas, and I stayed in my pajamas. After their breakfast and they had adequate "upright time" to minimize spit ups, I got on the floor with them and we played. I am working on Hannah sitting up, and she does pretty well with it. She will play by herself for a few minutes before gradually falling over. Apparently when she falls in the forward direction it causes whatever is in her tummy to be propelled up, thus causing my pajama pants to be changed. Later, I was rocking Leah, who normally does not spit up, but she stuck her whole hand down her throat making her spit up all over me as well. So now I get a Tshirt change. Hannah got me again next, but this time it was the whole bottom of my shirt and top of the pajama pants that were now formula soaked. Yay. So that was an entire change of clothes for me. (you see why I stay in pajamas). A little later, Hannah spits up all over her own clothes so I had to change her soaked outfit. At their dinner time, I messed up my own shirt by leaning too far forward over the high chair to get Leah situated. I had placed a big bowl of rice cereal and green beans on it and it got all over my shirt. Unsalvagable. Yay. I settled in to feed the girls and Leah decides to poop as she starts her meal, and is not happy about it. So I went and changed her diaper, leaving an angry Hannah whose meal was rudely interrupted. I returned and got Leah set up again. Mid meal, I burped Hannah and put her back in the chair, only to notice a minute later I now have poop on my pants! What the heck. So obviously it is now in the high chair. So now I leave Leah to go change Hannah. She had it all over the bottom of her second outfit, so I changed her diaper and she did not get a new outfit. I changed my pants AGAIN and went to put Hannah in her swing when she let out a huge burp and spit up went ALL over her and my shirt. Good thing she didnt have clothes on, but I did. So I had to change my shirt again. Luckily Leah never got me again today. What a day. And I have to make a note that I am not really one to change every time I get a little spit up on me, but when I am soaked it warrants a change of clothes. And thats what I got however many times today. I finally was able to take a shower at 5ish and was very happy about it. Thanks girls! Daddy is staying home with you tomorrow!!! Hahahahahaha (evil laugh)

1 comment:

The Slagleys said...

I know how you feel! We stay in our pj's most of the day too just because I don't feel bad changing 8 times if it is just t-shirts, but not my real clothes. I did get a big kick out of Kate on Easter when she pooped on Brandon's arm while he held her in his dress shirt. A little taste of what we go through never hurts them!