Tuesday, February 5, 2008

4 month checkup

Well I have to say that the girls are doing great... definitely not missing any meals! (direct quote from the pediatrician). We got to the doctor on time (so i thought - apparently our appointment was 30 minutes before we got there, but I could have sworn it was 2:30... next time I guess i should listen to that reminder message.) Anyway, it was just a regular checkup and everything looked good. They got 4 shots each - the inhumanity!!! Sadly, they had just settled down for a little snooze in Laura and my arms as we awaited the nurse with the awful shots when she finally came in. That was really sad...

Hannah weighs 15lbs, 1oz and is 25 inches long. That makes her in the 75th percentile for weight and length. Of course if you base it on what her due date should have been, she is actually in the 95th percentile. My little "chunky monkey". Leah is 13lbs, 14oz and measures 23 3/4 inches long, making her in the 50th percentile for weight and 25th for length. That little inch and a quarter makes a big difference apparently! So she would be in the 75th and 50th percentile based on her due date. Little Leah... :)

We got the go ahead to start feeding stage 2 foods... rice cereal and then graduate to some of the yellow veggies and do on. Laura and I were curious how the spoon thing would work out so we tried it. Haha. We mixed a little rice cereal and formula together. Hannah did not do too bad actually. Leah wants nothing to do with it. She got very frazzled and wanted her bottle. I am not sure she actually swallowed any of it. When I gave her the bottle she got this little smile like - Thanks woman! Thats all I wanted! We will keep trying with the cereal 1-2 times a day just to get them accustomed to the spoon, and they are taking 5 bottles of formula with 6-7 oz each every day so I think they are ready! I am not going to attempt the other foods for another month or so. One step (mess) at a time.

Leah was again "done with the day" last night. I dont think she felt well after her shots - but who would? I dont do well with one! They slept really well though!

4 months old. I cant believe how fast time flies. They are just getting so big!

No comments: