Saturday, November 24, 2007

The girls first Thanksgiving

Well, after much deliberation for a few weeks prior to Thanksgiving, Matt and I decided to take the girls to Columbus, GA to see my grandparents. We were not sure how the 3 hour trip and a night in a hotel would go with two 7 week olds, but it was very important to me.

Every year my grandmother hosts Thanksgiving dinner and my whole family goes to Columbus for the event. Last year, a few days before Thanksgiving, my 85 year old grandmother fell off a ladder and had hip surgery. Needless to say, she was in the hospital for the holiday and after that everything kind of changed. My grandmother took care of my granddad, as his health has been steadily depreciating. After the fall, they were forced to move from their house and into an assisted living facility.

We were unsure how things were going to work this year. Thoughout the year granddad has been getting so much worse and is now on hospice care. As my pregnancy progressed I could no longer drive there to see them, and there were times I was unsure if I would get to ever again. I wanted my girls to meet him so much, so with the support of my wonderful husband we took the trip.

We got some pictures and granddad and grandmother got to see the girls. It was a great moment for me, and my grandmother cried knowing granddad did indeed get to meet them. He now has 9 great grandchildren, 7 of them girls. The girls did wonderfully on the trip. They were quiet until the last 15 minutes on the trip there and slept the whole way home. Not a bad thanksgiving!

Thank you, Matt for being such a supportive husband and taking on the task of a road trip with two babies for me. I love you!

Four Generations of Sizemore Woman

Great Grandparent Sizemore's

1 comment:

wendy's world said...

Precious memories!!! I'm so glad you got to see your grandparents!
Happy Thanksgiving- we all have so much to be thankful for, but especially for Hannah and Leah!!!!