Saturday, October 3, 2009

A new job

While I am updating the blog I figured it was worth mentioning that in 2 weeks I will be starting a new job! For those who need a reminder of what I do, I work in heart surgery as a scrub nurse. I love the job overall but it is very unpredictable. I really never know when I am going to work or what time I will be off from day in to day out. Even when I get to work that morning i do not know when I will be leaving. I take call once or twice a week plus some weekends. So as I said, unpredictable. There are some perks. I do get days off (maybe). So it has been worth it thus far.

But it is now time for a change. On a whim I applied for a job as a physician liason for UAB. Basically I will be the go between for UAB and referring physicians in Alabama and surrounding states. Monday through Friday 8-5, no weekends, no holidays, and NO CALL. I will NEVER miss a Christmas morning with my children. It sounds like a fun job, and a little less stressful than what I do now. So we will see! I start Oct. 19th.

Telling my team at work was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. I am leaving them in a bad position. But I am doing what I think will be best for my family. At least I know I will be home for dinner every night.

We will lose our nanny because of this new job and increase in daytime hours, but by the grace of God we found someone else in a pinch and I am very excited. A friends of mines little sister will start next week and I hope this will last for a while. I feel so lucky that things have worked out the way they have, and please pray that this move will be the best thing for us.

I am excited about the change! I am going to have to wear actual professional clothes instead of scrubs so I have been doing some shopping!!

No comments: