Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Love for Melmo

Just a little note and I really wish I had a picture to go along with this.

The girls are not really TV fans. I would love the chance to let them watch a show for 30 minutes but Hannah is way too active to sit still for more than 1 and Leah would rather read a book. That is definitely a good thing. On a whim I bought an Elmo DVD because I did notice they like Elmos world when it comes on Sesame Street.

Leah is now obsessed. We have limited her to watching it only 2x a day. This afternoon I was having to change out the batteries in the smoke detectors and she asked for Melmo, so I put it on. She was so tired she was falling asleep, sitting up, struggling to keep her eyes open for her beloved red puppet.

Her love is so strong she kisses her diapers (only clean ones, dont worry) to love on Melmo who is on the front. I hear her talking about Melmo when she wakes up in the morning before I go get her from her crib. If I draw a red circle with two eyes it is automatically Melmo.

And I must thank Aunt Sara and Uncle Ben for the Kiss me Elmo. He is very important to bedtime.

I have to say I am really looking forward to the Disney trip in May because, though Melmo will not be there, Mickey and Minnie are close runner ups on Leah's love meter and it will be fun to see them in person!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Oh how sweet! I look forward to when Isaac can say cute words like that. He has added "dog" to his list of words he can say, but I can't wait until he says more.

And we are so happy the gift was a hit! :)